Wednesday, July 16, 2008

One can dream can't they?

It is often said by voters that they had to chose the lesser of 2 evils. I think we really underestimate how good we have it when it comes to politics and the right to vote in this great land. It would be rare indeed that we would find ourselves voting for a candidate in any office at any level that shared all of another ones ideals, moral convictions, or political views.

McCain is not the greatest conservative in America.

I wouldn't go as far as calling him evil either. I don't agree with the man on a lot of issues. I do agree with him wholly or in part on quite a few issues. Mr Obama is batting .000 with me. So I will support the Big Mac all the way.

Here is where the dream begins: My Dream Ticket for 2008 would be McCain/Romney. I used to think this was far fetched. But this idea maybe gaining some momentum. I have no idea what McCain personally thinks about this but we could put a bug in his ear - you think he reads this blog? Ha Ha - there I go dreaming again.

According to CBS News and their top 10 list for VP candidates Romney is listed in the #1 spot right now. Regarding Romney the webpage states:

"The former Massachusetts governor has emerged as the heavy favorite to be McCain's running mate. While there are some concerns the former rivals wouldn't get along, that may not matter and Romney brings some bona fide advantages to the ticket, especially in raising money and ability to compete in Michigan. Added to that is that Romney has been an effective surrogate for McCain at fundraisers and on cable TV."

According to another article Romney is actively campaigning for McCain and the 2 are now friends. The article also states:

"Since dropping out of the Republican race in February, he has gone from being John McCain's fiercest rival to one of the Arizona senator's most visible surrogates. What was inconceivable during the height of their primary battles, the prospect of a McCain/Romney ticket, is now a real possibility.

The most obvious assets that Romney would bring to the Republican ticket include his economic expertise, fundraising prowess and potential to give McCain a boost in more than one battleground state. But a less talked about plus side to a Romney vice presidential candidacy is that despite his perpetually sunny demeanor, the former Massachusetts governor is not afraid to unleash razor-sharp political attacks against the opposition.

'This is not the time for an amateur," Romney said of presumptive Democratic nominee Barack Obama. "This is the time for a tested, proven professional to lead our country.'"

One can dream can't they? What are your thoughts on a McCain/Romney ticket? Would you like to see this happen? Care to speculate that it will?

2 comments:

Rach =o) said...

BRAVO! Romney for VP would be a fantastic turn of events. Perhaps I haven't lost all hope yet...

Rhonda said...

The hope is dwindling in my mind but it would be fantastic if Romney was on the ticket. Then maybe I could cast my vote without gritting my teeth.

As adults we obviously have to choose between many things when what we actually *want* isn't available. I'll be going with Mac too.