Friday, June 27, 2008

The Purpose


I am sure that most people that will read this blog, especially in its inception, will be family and friends. It is my hope that others outside that circle will come to find this blog as well. I want to share with anyone that has an ear to listen my views on current events. It is my electronic soap box and the subject matter will vary from post to post. I may post snippets of my personal and family life and tidbits of my occupation. The bulk of what is posted here will be political views. Certainly as I am very religious my Christian views will be heavily seen as well.


Politically I am a registered Republican that is fed up with my party. The party leaders stray to far these days. I haven't any answers as yet to correct that except to voice my opinion when I vote and to share my thoughts with others - hence the birth of this blog. My views by many are considered ultra conservative. I consider myself to be a minimalist when it comes to government at any level. And at the Federal level the 'minimum' that needs to be met is the Constitution of the United States.


Case in point, I don't smoke, I hate breathing smoke, and I am in fact an asthmatic. With that said, Local governments go too far by enforcing non smoking laws. I know that they are popular where we live in a heavily populated LDS city, BUT this nation is about freedoms. Let us govern ourselves. If people complain to the management of an establishment enough about too much cigarette smoke then they will regulate smokers themselves. We DO NOT need government oversight using tax dollars and other resources to regulate smokers. Ours is supposed to be a government of the people, and sure it was the people that voted for the nonsmoking law here in Mesa, AZ, but again that is why I have this soapbox - to share with others why I think we need to better evaluate the decisions we make when we are going to vote. No smoking everywhere in town is great! But what is the cost? Less freedom for us and more control given to the government. We are all too ready all too often to give away our freedoms that so many have died and suffered to secure and protect.


1 comment:

Rach =o) said...

This is awesome babe. I love what you wrote and I love you. Good job, very well done.